Threads, the new social media platform by Meta that connects to your Instagram account, has been around for a few weeks. Whether you were an early adopter or not is irrelevant - what matters most is how well it works for you. Ultimately only time will tell whether Threads becomes a game changer in social networking platforms.
This article is not about whether you should join Threads or not. It’s about encouraging you to explore and discover what this opportunity has in store for those seeking it.
Instead of giving you a straightforward answer, Let’s pose this question:
Did you have a well-thought-out plan?
In today’s rapidly changing world of technology and innovation, it's essential to plan for when new platforms or technologies emerge unexpectedly. Being caught off guard by these sudden waves can be detrimental if you don't act quickly enough - so having an actionable strategy is key! With proper preparation and awareness, businesses can forge ahead even during rapid change.
When we follow the crowd without considering our own goals and values, it can lead to unintended consequences. Joining or taking action solely because others are doing so may cause us to waste valuable time that could hinder progress or even set us back further than before. Therefore it's important for individuals seeking success in life to evaluate their motives carefully when deciding to join groups or participate in activities.
You can't always predict when life throws you a curveball. But having an action plan in place will help ensure that you stay on track no matter what happens. Here is my approach - feel free to customize it based on your needs and preferences.
The world of social media is constantly evolving, and with each new platform comes a wave of excitement. However, it's important to remember that Threads won't be the last big thing in tech, so be prepared for what may come next will serve you well. Staying informed about emerging trends can help keep your business stay ahead of the curve when it comes time to adapt or pivot strategies accordingly.
If you are surfing on big ocean waves, you know it can knock you off balance or propel you forward. The key lies in mastering the art of maneuvering through the waves by using techniques such as diving underneath, allowing them to pass overhead before resurfacing and continuing towards land.
Determining which waves to ride and which are best left alone requires careful consideration. The key is knowing how to make this distinction effectively.
FOMO (fear of missing out) is a legitimate concern many individuals can relate to. In the e-business world, there is an apprehension about failing to become one of the first adopters and capitalize on immediate opportunities before they pass by. It's important for entrepreneurs not to let this fear hold them back from making strategic decisions that could benefit their company in the long run. By staying informed about industry trends and being open-minded when considering new ideas or technologies, businesspeople have greater potential for success than those resistant to change. Don't miss your chance to move forward!
What Shout You do?
When a new "thing" gains popularity, it's important to evaluate its potential by asking yourself these questions:
1. What are the benefits? Deciding whether this could benefit you suggests considering how it might help you as you go forward. Would using such a tool provide any tangible benefits? Explore the potential advantages and drawbacks before deciding on its usefulness.
2. Does it have real potential? When considering a new opportunity, it's essential to ask ourselves if it's just another shiny object or something with real potential. It's important for our well-being and the success of any project we may take on in the future. We must be honest and discerning when assessing whether an idea is worth pursuing or simply wasting valuable time. By doing so effectively, we can ensure that every moment spent working towards achieving goals counts towards positive outcomes rather than fruitless endeavors.
3. Can I achieve the same thing using existing social platforms? This question determines if the success mentioned in #2 can be achieved using platforms or tools you already use. You may save time and resources by avoiding unnecessary purchases of new software or subscriptions.
4. What am I measuring? To determine whether or not we have successfully used the platform, we need to ask, “What am I measuring?” As we answer that question, certain metrics need to be considered. By examining these indicators, we can assess our progress and success in using the product/service effectively. It's important for us to understand exactly how well we're doing so that we know where improvements could be made if necessary.
Measuring success is crucial, but without defining what we're looking for firsthand, it becomes difficult to determine whether or not our efforts are fruitful. By identifying key metrics that matter most in achieving our goals, we can make informed decisions about where to allocate resources and time.
5. Does the platform help me with my email list? While using social media platforms for email list growth may seem like a good idea, some questions are worth considering. Are these channels truly effective? If not, what makes this new platform any different from the others you've tried before? Is it unique enough that success is likely, or should other strategies be explored instead.
6. How much time will I allocate to assess whether to continue? For any new venture, consider giving it a trial period of one to two months. This allows you ample time for evaluation while also setting clear expectations about when it is appropriate to move on if necessary. By doing so, you can ensure that your efforts are being directed towards endeavors with true potential and value.
If you're struggling to answer these questions, it may be time for some reflection. Rather than focusing on finding a new platform, perhaps it's more important to evaluate what actions are leading up to your current situation and adjust accordingly.
Remember that when you say yes to a new opportunity, it also means saying no to another.
Threads present a unique opportunity for individuals seeking to expand their horizons. While there may be some challenges along the way, it's worth considering whether or not this platform is right for you. If so, don't hesitate - give it a shot!
CALL TO ACTION
Threads are just one example of how technology is constantly evolving and changing the way we interact with each other online. new platforms like this can be exciting, but taking a step back before diving in headfirst is important. Ask yourself these four key questions: 1) How would using Threads or any new platform help me? What specific benefits could I expect from it? 2) If I successfully used Threads, what metrics or indicators would I use to measure that success? Could those same measures apply elsewhere as well? 3) Given my current resources (including existing tools/platforms), could I achieve similar results without investing time in learning something entirely new? Finally, consider setting an expiration date for your experimentation period - when will you decide whether or not continuing makes sense based on your findings so far? These types of thoughtful reflections can help ensure that you make informed decisions about which technologies deserve space in your life – and which ones don’t!
Thank you for reading, and as always, be kind to yourself and others and continue to become the best version of yourself.
Note this is a re-interpretation of Pat Flynn’s UNSTUCK email, Issue #47|July 18, 2023
Image from Unsplash.com dave-adamson-pcTaP1i0beQ-unsplash