Eight Steps to Create A Culture of Empowerment.
1. Allow people to discover their own ways to achieve goals or objectives.
2. Set boundaries at the beginning and be prepared to expand the boundaries when confidence and competence grows.
3. Encourage people to take ownership and responsibility for their decisions and give them the latitude to self-correct.
4. Ensure your management processes allow for empowerment and not obstruction.
5. Be open to developing a continuous learning environment.
6. Nurture relationships built on trust, inclusion and respect.
7. Be patient, allow people to grow and develop.
8. Be supportive
Richard P. Fontanie MSW, From his pending Book Fontanie | Quicktips