Six Listening Tips
1. Clarify in your head why you are listening.
2. Let the speaker, speak without making any judgements on what is said.
3. Wait before responding - don't over-speak the speaker.
4. Rephrase in your own words what you understand the speaker said and repeat it back to the speaker.
5. Hear everything that is being said, reflect on the content and search for meaning.
6. Respond with empathy and understanding.
1. Align common purpose, goals and values with strategic direction.
2. Establish measurable objectives.
3. Define, roles, responsibilities and accountability.
4. Clarify team processes and procedures.
5. Encourage positive communications.
6. Cultivate high trust, constructive working relationships and a learning environment.
7. Work with other teams for the good of the whole.
8. Measure individual and team performance.
9. Take time to celebrate.
Here are four strategies you can do today to get going on that big project.
Tips for Difficult Feedback
Giving difficult feedback is not always easy. Here are eleven tips to keep in mind when you are faced with correcting an individual.
Richard P. Fontanie MSW, From his pending Book Fontanie | Quicktips