We clutter our mind when we try to jam too much into it. When we do that we can’t see the proverbial ‘forest for the trees.’ Try these strategies to free up brain space.
Do you have too much to do and not enough time to do it? Unfortunately, we are not going to get more time. We need to use our gift of 24 hours wisely.
" Nothing is more important than this day." Goethe
We get things done by keeping focus on what is important. The best way to deal with distractions is to manage them, rather than letting them manage us. Try these tips to gain better focus:
2. Turn your Smart phone off for 90 minutes and stick to your important task.
3. Turn off notifications on all devices including email notifications on your email.
4. Be clear about those things that distract you and eliminate them.
5. Meditate for 30 minutes a day.
6. Balance work, play and sleep.
7. Drink less caffeine.
8. Take time to breathe slowly.
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is that you are the pilot.” Michael Altshuler (from www. Goodreads.com)
Richard P. Fontanie MSW, From his pending Book Fontanie | Quicktips