Whenever we speak with or write to someone we are influencing them in some way. Understanding our own influencing strategies will help us prepare for a more effective encounter with others. Ask yourself these eight questions:
1. What are my influencing strengths? Weaknesses?
2. How do I make a personal connection with people?
3. How do I stay focused when I become distracted while speaking with someone?
4. What type of open-ended questions do I ask?
5. How do I interpret body language? How do I am right in my interpretation?
6. How do I go about understanding my audience before I speak?
7. How do I express my values with authenticity?
8. How do I find common ground when I disagree with others?
Richard P. Fontanie MSW, From his pending Book Fontanie | Quicktips