We clutter our mind when we try to jam too much into it. When we do that, we can’t see the proverbial ‘forest for the trees.’ Try these strategies to free up brain space:
1. Take a five-minute mental break before starting another task.
2. Complete one task at a time. Forget multi-tasking. It’s not possible.
3. Nurture mental discipline by bringing yourself back to focus.
4. Meditate in a quiet place and live in the moment.
5. Write tasks down so that you don’t have to carry them around in your head.
6. Read a novel or watch a movie.
7. Go for a walk and welcome the landscape.
8. Finish the task you have been putting off.
Richard P. Fontanie MSW, From his pending Book Fontanie | Quicktips