Six Listening Tips
1. Clarify in your head why you are listening.
2. Let the speaker, speak without making any judgements on what is said.
3. Wait before responding - don't over-speak the speaker.
4. Rephrase in your own words what you understand the speaker said and repeat it back to the speaker.
5. Hear everything that is being said, reflect on the content and search for meaning.
6. Respond with empathy and understanding.
Leave a Reply.
Richard P. Fontanie MSW, From his pending Book Fontanie | Quicktips